Honbo LVR Guard
The liver is the largest and one of most complex organs in your body. It performs many important physiological functions, such as helping in the digestion of food, controlling the production and storage of glucose the body’s main energy source and producing chemicals that help the blood to clot. Another very important function of the liver is in helping the body remove harmful substances a process known as detoxification.
Liver – The detoxifying organ
The liver has several natural means of detoxification. Its major detoxification mechanism is known as conjugation, or more specifically glucurono-conjugation.
The importance of the liver
– Plays a major role in the metabolism of carbohydrates and proteins.
– Produces enzymes for our body daily needs.
– Acts as a biochemical filter to remove toxic substances from our blood such as bacteria and harmful chemicals.
– Detoxifies what we eat, breathe and absorb through the skin.
– Manufactures bile to digest fats and removes cholesterol produced by the body.
What can harm the liver?
– Viral hepatitis
– Excessive in take of alcohol and fatty food
– Exposure to occupational and environmental toxins such as insecticides, pesticides and organic solvents.
– Over consumption of oily, processed foods and refined sugars.
– Exposure to chemicals in the water, air and food.
– Exposure to various pharmaceutical drugs including some pain-killers, anti-flammatory drugs, antibiotics and anti-
– Excess hormones such as adrenalin which are constantly being created in our bodies in response to our fast-paced
– Drug abuse.
– Diseases of the liver (chronic liver disease)
If the liver is in poor condition, it may not efficiently remove toxins from the body. If this happens, you may be exposed to some liver diseases.
Unhealthy lifestyles and poor personal hygiene often lead to common liver diseases:
– Viral-induced hepatitis
– Alcoholic hepatitis
– Fatty liver
– Sign and symptoms
Most liver diseases share common signs and symptoms, including jaundice (yellowing of the skin or white of the eyes), nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fatigue and enlarged liver.
How to keep your liver healthy?
It is vital to take good care of your liver and take precautions to minimize your risk of developing liver diseases.
– Reduce the workload of your liver by eating a well-balanced, low-fat, low-sodium, and high fibre diet.
– Get vaccinated to prevent hepatitis A and B infections. Avoid direct contact with blood or body fluids of infected
– Limit or avoid alcohol intake. If you are already suffering from a chronic liver disease, complete abstinence from
alcohol is vital. Refraining from alcohol may reverse some of the damage caused by chronic liver.
Adult: Each time 2 capsules, 2 times daily. To be taken before meal.
The health information and product recommendation provided in this website is served as an alternative TCM solution by our panel of experienced and qualified Chinese Physicians. However, the pertinent information herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. You are strongly advised to consult a doctor for the medical emergency or for the diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition.
Hai-O Group makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the content, text or graphics. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
450mg X 60's